Thursday, August 21, 2014

Run Until I Finish

Run Until I Finish

How can I finish the race before me when I’m weighed down by things of the past as well as the present?
Pain, anger, resentment, and bitterness are hindrances that has caused years of distress. They have resided within my heart for years even though I woke daily moving forward like there was nothing wrong.

No one saw the pain in my eyes.

See, I know that God has truly kept me because as I set my pride aside I share this because someone needs to see how far HE has brought me.  

As time passed pain, anger, resentment and bitterness wouldn't even be the biggest battle I would have to fight. Breast cancer would be, so I thought. I walked into the battle head on with the heart of determination because GOD placed it in my spirit this will be your testimony before I even received the diagnosis.

So, with breast cancer conquered yet another battle was on the horizon.

I was forewarned with a message from GOD and my mother was the messenger! While I was going through chemotherapy she gave me the message that I would beat breast cancer but depression would come in and that’s going to be my biggest battle.

See when you have a praying mother God reveals things to them. Not always what you want to hear, though. I don’t even remember what my reply was, guess what I was diagnosed with depression in July. 

Depression is not recognized as a disease yet it is and a deadly one at that. So many fail to seek help because of not wanting to be labeled as crazy, in my opinion the only thing crazy about any illness is not seeking help.

I have decided to lay a new declaration upon the word Depression. I encourage suffers to be….

Determined because
Everything placed before you is for your good
Press on because your faith sustains you
Release the spirit of depression, it has been evicted
Excited because you may not know where you’re headed but you’re no longer where you were
Shout THANK YOU JESUS
Shout because of your grace and mercy I AM HEALED
I am an OVERCOMER
Overcoming the pain, anger, resentment, bitterness, and depression because of you, GOD
NO weapon formed against me shall prosper

I have released the hindrance that has held me captive for so long and now is the time to finish the race before me. Look for me at the finish line because the weights have been lifted.

“Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us” Hebrews 12:1


No comments:

Post a Comment